Thursday, February 17, 2011

HW 35 - Other Peoples' Perspectives 1

For my interview, I talked with 3 about birth,pregnancy,feelings,etc. based on these 5 questions(two of which I got from my classmates.
1.)What stigmas are associated with pregnancy?
2.)Which is seen as a greater moment:Death or Birth?
3.)Why do some people want to have children?
4.)Why wouldn't some people want to have children?
5.)Why is it that a teenager can be yelled at for getting pregnant or getting someone pregnant, the all of a sudden everything is fine when the baby comes, and is born?

    The 3 people I interviewed were David Moroff(17), Richie Santiago, and Travis Sauter.
The responses that I got for the first question, were all pretty much the same. The most common stigma that iI heard them say, was being isolated and separated from your family and friends. This is mostly because certain family members may not believe that you are responsible enough to take care of a child. If you get a child, some tend to cast you out, because they don't want anything to do with  you and your child. The same goes for friends also.

    The second question got the same exact response. "Birth is greater than death, because birth bring happiness."
This question also relates to my 5th question, because it explains why people are suddenly happy when a baby is born, even when they furious just a few weeks before the birth. The 3rd and 4th questions got the same response also. They all said that responsibility was a key reason why people did, and didn't want to have kids. "Some people don't want to have a responsibility, to watch/take care of a child"(David and Travis) While Richie said "some people want to improve their relationship, so that a kid can bring them closer together", implying him and his girlfriend.
All three were great people to interview about this unit in my opinion, because they are in the same age group as I am. I listened to what they were saying on their thoughts,opinions,and experiences, and while doing that, I got a chance to compare their ideas with mine. This would help me possibly reconsider my beliefs about birth, pregnancy,etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment