Wednesday, May 11, 2011

HW 54 - Independent Research B

When the gospel Matthew talks about adultery,  he says that if you look at a woman lustfully, you must gouge out your eye, because losing 1 part of your body is better than  going to hell. John says that a person can only receive what is given to them from heaven. Luke doesn't talk much about the kingdom of God, or eternal life. Matthew and John are the ones who talk about how to stay away from hell, and closer to God, and the gifts that you receive from heaven. Luke talked a lot about what you should be doing on earth to make yourself seem like a better person to others.

I interviewed a family friend(he did not want to be named), and asked him three questions. The first question that I asked him, was if he believed in afterlife. He answered "yes, because I believe in God." After that I automatically thought that everyone who believed in God apparently believed in afterlife. So I went farther into the questions to find more answers. I then asked him what he thought happened when you are dead, or "in the afterlife?" He answered: "You either go to heaven or hell based on if you were "good" or "bad" in you time on earth." The final question that I asked him, was if he actually believed in heaven. He said yes, because you need to be judged for your actions on earth, there has to be a place where you are judged.

For my independent research, I quickly looked up what is afterlife, to find a bit more information about it, and if it is really real? I found some valuable pieces of information from this first paragraph. "The afterlife is an area of human consciousness we all enter upon leaving the physical world at physical death. It is also the area we enter when unconscious, as in sleep. Physically alive human beings can learn to consciously enter and return at will to explore. Perhaps a better way to say this is that we can learn to focus our attention beyond the physical world. Physically alive humans don't really leave the physical world to explore, they just learn to focus their attention beyond it."(Bruce,2010) I learned a lot just by reading one paragraph of this. I now realize that to go to afterlife, you don't have to be dead, you just have to be unconscious, and let you mind explore. 


No comments:

Post a Comment