Tuesday, May 24, 2011

HW 58 - Prom Interviews

My age, never went to prom:

The first person that I interviewed, was one of my best friends from SOF. We are in the same grade and the same school, so I asked him if he was going to the prom next year, and what he thinks he might expect.

Response: "I would expect to dance at the prom, socialize with my classmates, and have a good time."

I then asked him why he would want to go.

Response: "I want to go, because I have an opportunity to go."

My last question was: Name a DSP of prom

Response: "Dancing. If anything, dancing is the main way of celebration, and celebration is what prom is all about."

Older, went to prom:


The next person I interviewed, was my guidance counselor.

I first asked him what he experience from the prom/ proms he went to.

His response:
"I never went to my high school prom, but i've been to every SOF prom since 2002. It's really cool how all the students are happy and enjoying themselves. It's like the last celebration that they will have together. I also like how all the students are dressed up. The women are all in dresses, and some guys went from baggy jeans, to a tuxedo, and a nice hair cut." A dominant social practice that he identified, was how all the students could change  there whole appearance for just one night."

Parent on prom:


I finally interviewed my father about the dominant social practices for prom, and his insights for it,

Response: "Prom is a time where you celebrate and dance with the person you have feelings for, and celebrating with the people you care about. The end of high school, and saying goodbye to all you friends teachers, and classmates."

Analysis:
In my opinion, I feel like everyone said the same thing. Prom is always going to be thought of as a celebration,  a farewell, and an accomplishment. You have to look and feel at your best, so that you can have the best time. Celebrating prom is like the end of a book, or something that turns boys into men, and girls into women. In my opinion prom is a moment in someone's life that will never be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment